Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Holes made by animals, KVC divot relief.
08-05-2013, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 12:34 AM by Simonko.)
Holes made by animals, KVC divot relief.
'Burrowing' had to go, it's killed me for years that one. [Image: CwdUI5d.png]

Requiring evidence that that the hole or runway was indeed made by a burrowing animal however helped make sure divots or tractors ruts weren't misdiagnosed.

With the removal of the 'burrowing' condition, the distinction gets much hazier. I feel treating all holes & ruts the same would simplify things (bar the very obvious greenkeeper hole).

The purist in me says no relief for all, as animals digging holes aren't abnormal. Particularly bad regions can be GUR'd or maybe permitting a Local Rule to GUR an indisputable condition throughout the course.

But I appreciate one of the most complained about rules is no free divot relief, so maybe relief (KVC on lie only) might be appropriate for all?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2013, 07:09 AM
RE: Holes made by animals, KVC divot relief.
(08-05-2013 12:04 AM)Simonko Wrote:  But I appreciate one of the most complained about rules is no free divot relief, so maybe relief (KVC on lie only) might be appropriate for all?

When someone comes up with a definition that leaves no room for doubt, I would agree.
08-05-2013, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2013 10:06 AM by Simonko.)
RE: Holes made by animals, KVC divot relief.
I feel leaving no room for doubt is not necessarily a necessity where it means little difference in the result of the hole. It's impossible to put a figure on it but playing from a divot might average being, what, 0.3 of a stroke harder than not?

Compare that to how virtual certainty can mean the difference between a free drop next to a puddle or S&D. Or in Code Two, a free drop next to a puddle and zero points for the hole.

So I feel knowledge or virtually certainty that something is a divot is good enough, especially in the simplified game. No?