Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Casual (occasional) water
07-31-2013, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2013 04:20 PM by DonLilley.)
RE: Casual (occasional) water
(07-31-2013 03:49 PM)DavidHayes Wrote:  Don, I don't see any complications in making that change. I think, however, that spongy turf (i.e., when the Temporary Water would appear only after the player has taken his stance) has a similar negative effect on play as water that is visible both before and after the stance is taken.

In your view, what is gained by making your suggested change? Is the rule more readily understood, easier to apply, more consistent from player to player (of differing body mass)?

Thanks for your comments.

David, there seems to be a problem with your site settings with regards to replying to a post (tech issue).
As regards to CW. I beieve that CW that only becomes apparrent after the stance is really not a problem. I could refer you to some disscussions on other web sites to show the comlexities of such, (including my web site). I won't go further at tis point untill the reply problem is sorted out, as I don't know if this message will get posted.
Don

(07-31-2013 04:02 PM)DonLilley Wrote:  
(07-31-2013 03:49 PM)DavidHayes Wrote:  Don, I don't see any complications in making that change. I think, however, that spongy turf (i.e., when the Temporary Water would appear only after the player has taken his stance) has a similar negative effect on play as water that is visible both before and after the stance is taken.

In your view, what is gained by making your suggested change? Is the rule more readily understood, easier to apply, more consistent from player to player (of differing body mass)?

Thanks for your comments.

David, there seems to be a problem with your site settings with regards to replying to a post (tech issue).
As regards to CW. I beieve that CW that only becomes apparrent after the stance is really not a problem. I could refer you to some disscussions on other web sites to show the comlexities of such, (including my web site). I won't go further at tis point untill the reply problem is sorted out, as I don't know if this message will get posted.
David, it seems that when "reply" is clicked the quote box appears with all previous posts. This gets in the way of just posting a reply.
In any case The CW debate is a pet hate of mine as can be seen from one debate in particular. See http://golfrules.freeforums.org/casual-water-t1924.html

uʍopǝpısdn plɹoʍ ʎɯ pǝuɹnʇ ǝʌɐɥ sǝlnɹ ʍǝu ǝsǝɥʇ llɐ
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Casual (occasional) water - DonLilley - 07-31-2013, 12:06 PM
RE: Casual (occasional) water - DavidHayes - 07-31-2013, 03:49 PM
RE: Casual (occasional) water - DonLilley - 07-31-2013 04:02 PM
RE: Casual (occasional) water - El Gringo - 08-01-2013, 05:03 AM
RE: Casual (occasional) water - DonLilley - 08-01-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: Casual (occasional) water - aaa - 08-05-2013, 03:42 AM
RE: Casual (occasional) water - Toni - 08-05-2013, 05:04 AM
RE: Casual (occasional) water - DonLilley - 08-05-2013, 06:11 AM