Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Leave the Flagstick in the Hole
08-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Leave the Flagstick in the Hole
There are two basic rules of golf - Play the course as you find it and play the ball as it lies.

When you tee off on a hole the flagstick is in the hole so why must it be removed when playing a stroke from the putting green? Leave the flagstick in the hole unless the player wants to remove it. If a player is good enough to hit the flagstick why should he be penalized.
Messing with the flagstick also slows down play. Rules about tending the flagstick are complex and poorly understood and most could be eliminated. I would be in favor of leaving the flagstick in the hole all the time.
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2013, 09:35 AM
RE: Leave the Flagstick in the Hole
We did that in Code Two.
Find all posts by this user
08-20-2013, 04:01 PM
(08-14-2013 09:35 AM)DavidHayes Wrote:  We did that in Code Two.

Not sure how often this Forum is monitored so don't know if I'll get an answer to this in time.

Am going to play with my regular buddies tomorrow and TRY and get them to play under Code Two point system. As I understand it, there is no longer any reason to tend or remove the flagstick while putting and there is no penalty if the putt hits the stick.

Am I understanding Code Two correctly?
08-20-2013, 04:37 PM
(08-20-2013 04:01 PM)ColonelMac Wrote:  
(08-14-2013 09:35 AM)DavidHayes Wrote:  We did that in Code Two.

Not sure how often this Forum is monitored so don't know if I'll get an answer to this in time.

Am going to play with my regular buddies tomorrow and TRY and get them to play under Code Two point system. As I understand it, there is no longer any reason to tend or remove the flagstick while putting and there is no penalty if the putt hits the stick.

Am I understanding Code Two correctly?

That is correct.