Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wrong Putting Green
08-13-2013, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 05:50 PM by Dennis Harwood.)
Wrong Putting Green
Although I know exactly what it means ( and perhaps that is all that is needed ), the literal reading of the definition of " wrong putting green " is non-sensical.

This error is perpetuated in Code One and Two variations.

The definition of wrong putting green includes the defined terms "putting green" which is defined as "all ground of the hole being played that is prepared for putting...". Yet the definition of wrong putting green excludes the hole being played.

Literally the definition of wrong putting green, inserting the "putting green" definition reads:

" A 'wrong putting green' is all ground of the hole being played that is prepared for putting other than that of the hole being played. "

Makes no sense.

I submit the defined term putting green be omitted from the definition and it simply read: " A " wrong putting green " is all of the ground prepared for putting or otherwise declared as such by the Committee other than that ground of the hole being played"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2013, 06:53 PM
RE: Wrong Putting Green
Excellent points. I think your definition is a good one.
Quote this message in a reply