Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lost or Out of Bounds Ball
08-21-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: Lost or Out of Bounds Ball
(08-14-2013 03:35 PM)John Morrissett Wrote:  Dennis -

I have often thought that the argument that the penalties for a ball that is lost and a ball that is out of bounds should be the same as often it is not possible to know which is the case (e.g., with trees, etc. near a boundary) is somewhat weak as we have essentially the same situation today with water hazards (e.g., tall grass, bushes, trees, etc. near water hazards) and are able to apply the water hazard Rule fairly well. If there were to be special relief for a ball that is out of bounds, I suppose we could apply the known/virtually certain standard.

Thanks.
John

Just played a friendly round with my regular 4-some using the Code Two scoring system and rules. It certainly provided for faster play, especially not having to pull the flagstick. When one player was on the green and got to his ball and was ready to putt before another player was ready to chip from the fringe, it simplified matters to simply hit the putt without having to pull the pin and then replace it for the chip shot.

The group was unanimously AGAINST the zero points for the hole on an out of bounds or lost ball. They view that as way too severe when, by applying the present stroke and distance penalty, one is still able to possibly make a bogey or double bogey and get at least 1 or 2 points.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Lost or Out of Bounds Ball - GolferJim - 08-12-2013, 10:34 AM
RE: Lost or Out of Bounds Ball - ColonelMac - 08-21-2013 01:39 PM
RE: Lost or Out of Bounds Ball - Simonko - 08-17-2013, 03:27 AM
RE: Lost or Out of Bounds Ball - aaa - 08-20-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: Lost or Out of Bounds Ball - Simonko - 08-21-2013, 11:05 PM