Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ball overhanging hole
08-03-2013, 09:23 PM
RE: Ball overhanging hole
Mike -

The answer to Decision 16-2/0.5 is a stretch, and I can understand the concern with the different results you mention. I also appreciate the desirability of the published answer.

This issue is a good example of the discussions inherent with this project. The answer to Decision 16-2/0.5 is frustrating in that (a) it provides for different results in seemingly similar situations and (b) it addresses a rare situation (albeit a situation that warrants its own Rule). During this project David and I became less and less concerned with the results of extreme situations. The question in this case is whether the result in 16-2/0.5 is so important that it justifies the complexity (different treatments) that you mention.

Also, please note that David and I don't have THAT much free time on our hands as to have drafted complete Decisions for the two codes. Smile If we were to tackle that ambitious project, it would be interesting to see the results.

Best regards,
John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Ball overhanging hole - MikeH - 07-31-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: Ball overhanging hole - DavidHayes - 07-31-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: Ball overhanging hole - MikeH - 08-01-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: Ball overhanging hole - John Morrissett - 08-03-2013 09:23 PM