Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remove penalties for grounding club in a hazard
08-13-2013, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 10:02 PM by Simonko.)
RE: Remove penalties for grounding club in a hazard
Too much to be gained with practice swings in a bunker--I'd be doing three or four quick practice swings tuning where the club enters the sand and getting that unmistakable thud, yet I don't take practice swings anywhere else on the course, not even putting. I think greens would become very sandy.

Lightly brushing the sand on the backstroke and the difficulty proving it means the player will probably escape penalty. That's good, I like self-regulating rules like this. Same with touching small loose impediments on a bridge in a water hazard. Insects moving on green grass, I see that as incidental, like moving dew on grass.

It's too hard to draw the line between harmlessly brushing the sand and removing enough sand to improve the lie, so I feel it's best to err on the side of 'just be careful'.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Remove penalties for grounding club in a hazard - ocepek - 08-13-2013, 06:43 PM
RE: Remove penalties for grounding club in a hazard - Simonko - 08-13-2013 09:56 PM