Discussion

Full Version: 21 and 23 questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I read 21 and 23 correctly a player may declare a ball (which may be lost) as unplayable and take immediate S&D (as with the present 28-a). I assume he may still take S&D if after going forward he feels the ball will be unplayable if found, but must now “beat” the 3 minute limit for lost ball if it is indeed lost.

In the interest of saving time would it not be better to allow immediate S&D for unplayable and out of bounds. If the player does not take S&D and goes forward (similar to present 27-2a requirements) he may still take standard relief for unplayable, but has burnt his options if the ball is lost or OOB.

It will be a hard sell to get golfers with handicaps to give up the chance for a score after their first shot. Stableford players do not have a problem picking up after butchering two or three shots.
(09-15-2013 08:43 AM)Junco Wrote: [ -> ]If I read 21 and 23 correctly a player may declare a ball (which may be lost) as unplayable and take immediate S&D (as with the present 28-a). I assume he may still take S&D if after going forward he feels the ball will be unplayable if found, but must now “beat” the 3 minute limit for lost ball if it is indeed lost.

In the interest of saving time would it not be better to allow immediate S&D for unplayable and out of bounds. If the player does not take S&D and goes forward (similar to present 27-2a requirements) he may still take standard relief for unplayable, but has burnt his options if the ball is lost or OOB.

It will be a hard sell to get golfers with handicaps to give up the chance for a score after their first shot. Stableford players do not have a problem picking up after butchering two or three shots.

Under Code Two, the unplayable ball rule (Rule 23) is only available when the player's ball is on the course and its location is known.
Reference URL's