Discussion

Full Version: Tseng vs. The Head
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In her quest to restore her winning ways, Yani tugged a long approach on a par 5 hole at the Safeway classic. The ball found its way to what appeared to be a restroom facility - a permanent building. She and her caddie appeared puzzled by the ruling that did not permit them "line of sight" relief. I'm not sure if Code 1 eliminates the confusion between immovable and movable obstructions, but I would like to see that done. Any feature that isn't an integral part of the golf course - and I would like to see that defined as soil, sand or growing plants - or at least something along those lines.
(09-08-2013 09:44 AM)contrarymary Wrote: [ -> ]In her quest to restore her winning ways, Yani tugged a long approach on a par 5 hole at the Safeway classic. The ball found its way to what appeared to be a restroom facility - a permanent building. She and her caddie appeared puzzled by the ruling that did not permit them "line of sight" relief. I'm not sure if Code 1 eliminates the confusion between immovable and movable obstructions, but I would like to see that done. Any feature that isn't an integral part of the golf course - and I would like to see that defined as soil, sand or growing plants - or at least something along those lines.

For her ball to end up where it did, she must have been way off the normal line of play. It is not unusual for golf courses to have a permanent facility like that and also shelters in case of inclement (thunder and lightning) weather. Never have I seen facilities like that anywhere close to the normal line of play and no line of sight relief is given.
(09-08-2013 09:44 AM)contrarymary Wrote: [ -> ]In her quest to restore her winning ways, Yani tugged a long approach on a par 5 hole at the Safeway classic. The ball found its way to what appeared to be a restroom facility - a permanent building. She and her caddie appeared puzzled by the ruling that did not permit them "line of sight" relief. I'm not sure if Code 1 eliminates the confusion between immovable and movable obstructions, but I would like to see that done. Any feature that isn't an integral part of the golf course - and I would like to see that defined as soil, sand or growing plants - or at least something along those lines.

That sounds like an issue between Temporary Immovable Obstructions and Immovable Obstructions -- do you have a suggestion?

Would you want to grant relief from intervention on the line of play for (non-temporary) immovable obstructions?

The puzzlement here sounds like it has the usual cause -- player ignorance.
Reference URL's